Who we are?
Get Berkshire Active is the County Sports Partnership for Berkshire promoting the benefits of sport and physical activity.
We are a business with a social purpose and our vision is to:
'Get more people, more active, enjoying the benefits of more and better sport and physical activity in Berkshire'
What we do
Get Berkshire Active is a charity dedicated to delivering improved sporting and physical activity for all.
The country is experiencing an epidemic of physical inactivity that is having a devastating effect on our children and young people with tragic consequences to their health and at the same time creating an unsustainable burden on the NHS and local services. With your help we can raise funds locally to get more people more active. You can donate directly at our My Donate site here or raise money for us by getting sponsorship for an event or challenge you are taking part in. Thank you for your support.
Our Unique Value Proposition
We bring funding and expertise down from national sources to inspire, enhance, co-ordinate and deliver physical activity and sporting outcomes where they matter locally.
- Advocate the health and wellness benefits of physical activity to individuals, communities, workplaces and to key influencers
- Deliver national programmes to the needs of Berkshire
- Champion the power of sport to transform lives and strengthen community cohesion
- Support, encourage and develop local provision (with tools and training)
- Bring together disparate groups (including public bodies) and providers creating efficiencies and enhancing delivery
- Provide opportunities for matched funding making local money go further.
'Enable and improve the work of organisations developing and delivering sport and physical activity in Berkshire'.
Get Berkshire Active aims to:
• Help organisations involved in sport and physical activity to work together effectively, providing opportunities for networking, joint planning and sharing resources
• Use our resources as a catalyst for new and lasting participation in sport and physical activity. Get Berkshire Active receives funding from the Sport England Lottery Fund to invest in new opportunities for playing sport, coaching sport and volunteering in sport
• Offer advice, expertise, training, contacts, promotion and advocacy to assist National Governing Bodies and other sporting organisations to succeed
• Encourage a wide range of organisations including public health, further and higher education and workplaces, to become more involved in the promotion and delivery of sport and physical activity
• Generate new investment in sport and physical activity. Provide a reliable route for organisations wanting to invest in community sport or commission sport or physical activity opportunities
Phone Number: 01628 472851
If you would like to make a complaint please click here for our complaints procedure.
Meet the Board
To view our Board of Directors please click here.
We are proud to announce that we have achieved Quest registration and our team has been catergorised as Good. GBA believe this is a remarkable result as a young organisation and at our first attempt.